Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6: Circles



Today was a Field Trip kind of day. I get a call from my editor telling me to call my reporter so I can head to Reynosa. I was actually still in bed when this happened, so I got ready and headed to the bridge. My reporter and I cross the bridge for a ceremony that was really boring. Pretty much the mayor for Reynosa was talking about, who knows what. One thing I did enjoy was watching how the Mexican media goes crazy. I was trying take a photo of the media attacking their subject, but wasn't able too. Anyhoo, we went to a breakfast, which was GREAT. The food was amazing because of the real Mexican food. Valley food sucks, period. So I had a blast just eating a three course meal with my reporter. We decided to drive and visit a very poor colonia to see how people are planning to deal with the cold weather. The lives these people live are amazing. They have dirt floors and live in a wooden home. Witnessing this isn't really new to me, but I was kind of glad to see how happy these people are with what they have. Reminded me of how lucky I am to have a job and being raised the right way. Many people are spoiled and want want WANT. Anyhoo We decided to head to a elementary school to see what they were doing. Not much going on there though. One thing I have to say about today... I love being a photographer. I get to experience different things and see many things that YOU will never see. Yea I know Im a photographer and need to show the reader what I see so they can experience it, but I like to have some things personal to me. Memories that I can take to the grave.

No comments: