Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2: Bonsai



Today I drove to Weslaco to cover a basketball game. As I drove to the high school I saw a stand that was selling Bonsai Trees and I remembered telling my mom that I wanted to have one in my desk. So I pulled up to the stand and asked the guy which one was the cheapest. He showed me a few and said $25. I looked in my wallet and only had $15. He said how about I sell you one for $20, but I told him I only had $15. A car pulled up to the stand and he told me he will give me one or $15. I pulled out the money and started to count, just to make sure I had the right amount, but he told me to just give him the money before the other people approach him, so I did. BAM I have my Bonsai tree for $15 and it looks great on my desk at work. Right before I left, the guy turned around and told me "Theses are lucky trees" then smiled and started helping the other people.

No comments: